Tuesday, April 16, 2013

CLA Government Library Network Interview With Michelle Gabourie

The CLA Government Library and Information Management Professionals Network, part of the Canadian Library Association (CLA), has launched 13 Questions With..., a new series on its website that profiles a member of the Canadian library and IM community every week.

This week's interview is with Michelle Gabourie, Owner, MB Knowledge Solutions.

Excerpt:
"Career advice – what’s your top tip?
Keep trying, even if it means taking chances or re-inventing yourself. If I didn’t work at DeBeers [summer job during her Masters program] I never would have learned how much I enjoy information management (specifically SharePoint). I have had a lot of different jobs that I thought were the right ‘fit’ for me, but in the end I’ve ended up creating my ‘right fit’. In a lot of the jobs I held I never felt fully utilized, I always wanted to do more and learn more. Many times I was told to just ‘let things happen’ even if it meant being in-efficient. Instead of sitting back, I took on extra work, took extra courses and networked as much as I could. Now, I have a full schedule, work that I find rewarding, and rarely am I underutilized or bored."

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 7:48 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home